Monday, December 3, 2018


Picked these two up yesterday from Walmart while I was there picking up frames for the puzzles yesterday. A'Titania’ a 1000 piece from Buffalo Games with art by Josephine Wall, and ‘The Astronomer’ a 750 piece by Master Pieces with art by Miles Pinkney. I was super excited to find another Josephine Wall puzzle, and the wizard was great because it’s an image I had on a calendar from when I was a kid! I couldn’t wait to get started on it once I got the 'Call of the Sea’ off of my board–but I didn’t get very far…


The first thing I noticed was a LOT of pieces still stuck together, which I don’t mind, except they were slightly uncut at the corners, so pulling them apart frayed the edges. And then there were the ones I found in the picture; just not fully cut at all. You couldn’t pull this apart if you tried!


On top of that, these pieces are crazy shaped. Like, practically impossible to distinguish edges from innards. More than half the pieces at least have edges that are nearly flat, but not quite, making it super frustrating to even get started! I guess Master Pieces is known for their bizarre puzzle piece shapes, but it definitely wasn’t appealing.
While I wasn’t really excited for the holographic finish on the pieces, I thought it’d make for an interesting puzzling experience, and I was right in a way… It definitely made it harder! I already struggle with glare from my lighting, and the holographic finish wasn’t helping at all. I ended up bundling up 'The Astronomer’ after a meager attempt to sort and assemble the edges–I plan to contact Master Pieces and express my disappointment in the quality as well!
 

I decided instead to start this gorgeous Ceaco 1000 Piecer, which I believe is called 'Coleman’ s Paradise’ by James Coleman. Just opening it up and getting the pieces out of rhe bag inside the box, I was blown away by the quality. The pieces just feel nice, and every single one was cut through nice and crisply with hardly any remaining together, and those that were seperate with no trouble.

I felt like I made good progress too!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Moved!

Hello! I opted to move my blog to a different site. If you're interested in following for more puzzling photos and discussion, follow m...